DA MP says govt departments struggling to spend budget in a manner that will provide basic service delivery to residents
Gauteng adjustment budget displays under -expenditure and poor performance, hampering service delivery
24 November 2022
The mid-term adjustment budget delivered by Gauteng MEC for Finance, Jacob Mamabolo is an admission that government departments are struggling to spend their budget in a manner that will provide basic service delivery to all our residents.
Today, MEC Mamabolo announced that there will be a rollover of R1.6 billion. The Gauteng Department of Health has the biggest rollover of over R1.1 billion . This is very worrying as currently there is a huge underspending on infrastructure in the province.
For the remainder of the current government’s term the following key priorities have been identified:
– Economic recovery and reconstruction
– Strengthening the battle against crime, corruption, vandalism and overcoming lawlessness
– Changing the living conditions in townships, informal settlements, and hostels
– Prioritisation of the health and wellness of people
– Strengthening the capacity of the state